Table of Contents
This sweet and spicy blush sauce recipe is a delicious keeper for summer cooking. Made with simple ingredients, it is perfect for adding zing to chicken, fish, or vegetables. whether you’re serving them on a bed of rice or as a dipping sauce for tortilla chips, this versatile sauce will be a hit at your next summer barbecue!
- Fresh diced or canned tomatoes, 2 cups
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- 3 cloves garlic
- Diced onion, ¼ cup
- White wine, ¼ cup
- Heavy cream, ¼ cup
- Chopped basil plus additional for garnish, 2 tablespoons
Step By Step Instructions To Make Blush Sauce
Over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the diced onions and garlic to the hot pan once it is hot. Once they are translucent and soft, cook them for a few minutes.
Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes with the white wine added.
Stir occasionally while simmering the tomatoes over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
Remove the sauce from the heat and add the cream and chopped basil leaves. Serve over pasta of your choice.
Serving Suggestions for Blush Sauce
- Start by mixing together equal parts red wine vinegar and honey.
- Ad up a bit of chili pepper flakes or other hot spices, if desired.
- Stir in some fresh parsley, basil, or rosemary for a touch of flavor.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and serve over cooked chicken, pork chops, or fish.d salt and spices to taste, until the sauce, is desired thickness or flavor.
- For a pinker hue, add a small amount of blue food coloring until you reach the desired shade.
- Serve over cooked meats or vegetables for added richness and flavor. Enjoy!
Variations of Blush Sauce
There are endless variations of the Blush Sauce Recipe. Whether you are looking for a sweeter or spicier option, there is sure to be a sauce to fit your taste. Here are some of the most popular versions:
Classic Blush Sauce
This classic Blush Sauce Recipe is made up of equal parts red wine vinegar and sugar. It is sweet and slightly vinegary, making it perfect for balancing out all types of dishes.
Spicy Blush Sauce
For a bit more spice, try this spicy blush sauce. It is made up of red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce, giving it a slight kick. If you prefer your sauces less spicy, feel free to omit the chili powder or replace it with another spice.
Pesto Blush Sauce
Pesto blush sauce is a great way to add a little bit of color and flavor to any dish. This pesto blush sauce is made with pesto, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. It is perfect for adding a touch of brightness to your meals.
Spinach Blush Sauce
The key difference is that in this recipe, the garlic and lemon juice are replaced with spinach. This gives the sauce a slightly brighter hue and a richer flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Whether you’re hosting a party or just making some sauce to top your favorite pasta dish, this Blush Sauce Recipe is perfect for any occasion! The creamy and slightly sweet flavor is addictive and will leave your guests asking for more. This Blush Sauce Recipe can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in the fridge. Simply heat it up before serving!
How should I store leftover blush sauce?
If you’ve made any Blush Sauce Recipe and have some leftovers, here are some tips on how to store it:
- If you’re just storing the sauce itself, pour it into a small storage container or glass jar.
- If you’re storing the blush mixture (the mixture of blush and water) in a pump bottle, shake it well before each use to keep it fresh.
Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned ones?
Yes, you can use fresh tomatoes in place of canned tomatoes in this recipe. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Nutritional Information For Blush Sauce
Serving size: 7.5 ounce
Total Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Potassium: 0g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Unsaturated fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Sodium: 146mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 2g
Note: The nutrition information provided is an estimate and can vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used.
Conclusion and Final Thoughts
Blush Sauce Recipe is one of the most versatile Churchill sauces there is. Whether you are cooking for yourself or serving a large group, this sauce can do it all. In this recipe, we will show you how to make blush sauce with simple ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen. Add this delicious sauce to everything from mashed potatoes to ice cream and see how amazing it can be!
Check out more delicious recipes
Blush Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups Fresh diced or canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- cup cloves garlic
- ¼ cup Diced onion
- ¼ cup White wine
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Chopped basil plus additional for garnish
- Over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the diced onions and garlic to the hot pan once it is hot. Once they are translucent and soft, cook them for a few minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes with the white wine added.
- Stir occasionally while simmering the tomatoes over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add the cream and chopped basil leaves. Serve over pasta of your choice.