Table of Contents
Looking for a recipe that strikes the perfect balance between ease and taste? Brenda Gantt Cabbage Casserole Recipe is your answer. With just a handful of everyday ingredients, you can create a meal that’s not only delicious but also brings a sense of warmth and nostalgia to your table.
What is Brenda Gantt’s Cabbage Casserole?
Brenda Gantt Cabbage Casserole Recipe is like a cozy hug in a dish, capturing the heart of simple and comforting Southern cooking. Cooked up by the friendly home chef Brenda Gantt, this Brenda Gantt Cabbage Casserole Recipe is all about turning everyday ingredients into a delicious treat.
It’s a taste of family warmth and good times spent around the table. Picture layers of chopped cabbage and sweet onions, mixed with a creamy combo of chicken soup, mayo, and melted butter, seasoned with a bit of salt and pepper.
And don’t forget the crunchy topping of crushed Ritz crackers and melted butter, plus a gooey layer of cheddar cheese that gets all melty and delicious in the oven. The result is a casserole that fills the kitchen with mouthwatering smells.
Ingredients Used In Brenda Gantt Cabbage Casserole Recipe
- Condensed cream of chicken soup= 1 cup
- Mayonnaise= 1 cup
- Shredded cheddar cheese= 1 cup
- Ritz crackers (crushed)= 1 ½ cup
- Sweet onion (sliced)= 1 cup
- Roughly chopped cabbage= 4 cups
- Unsalted butter (melted)= ½ stick
- Salt= 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper= 1 teaspoon
Step By Step Procedure for Making the Brenda Gantt Cabbage Casserole
Using cooking spray, grease a 9×13 baking dish and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
Cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, and butter should be combined in a bowl.
Using a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, shredded cheese, and crushed Ritz crackers.
The bottom of the baking dish should be covered with roughly chopped cabbage.
Over the cabbage, sprinkle salt and pepper and evenly distribute the sliced onions.
Over the cabbage and onions, spread the creamy soup mix. The buttery cracker topping mix should be placed on top.
Ensure the topping is golden brown and the casserole is bubbly for 35-45 minutes before serving.
Tips and Variations
1. Make-ahead tips
- Assemble the casserole a day in advance for a time-saving option.
- Refrigerate the prepared casserole until ready to bake.
- Enhances flavors as ingredients meld together during the resting period.
2. Ingredient substitutions
- Feel free to swap sweet onions with red onions or experiment with different onion varieties.
- Explore alternative cheese options if cheddar isn’t available.
- Adapt the recipe based on what’s in your pantry, making it flexible and convenient.
3. Adding personal twists
- Introduce cooked bacon bits for an extra layer of savory goodness.
- Sprinkle in your favorite herbs to enhance the flavor profile.
- Make the recipe uniquely yours by incorporating personal touches that align with your taste preferences.
Brenda Gantt’s Cabbage Casserole is a versatile dish that pairs well with various accompaniments. You may find these serving suggestions helpful when dining out:
Fresh Salad: Serve the casserole alongside a crisp, fresh salad with a tangy vinaigrette to balance the richness of the dish.
Garlic Bread or Dinner Rolls: A side of warm garlic bread or soft dinner rolls is perfect for mopping up the savory goodness of the casserole.
Steamed Vegetables: Add a healthy touch by serving the casserole with a side of steamed vegetables like broccoli or green beans.
Rice or Mashed Potatoes: For a heartier meal, pair the casserole with fluffy rice or creamy mashed potatoes.
These serving suggestions complement the Cabbage Casserole, turning it into a well-rounded and satisfying meal for family dinners or gatherings with friends.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I prepare Brenda Gantt’s Cabbage Casserole in advance?
Absolutely! This casserole is great for preparing ahead. You can assemble it a day in advance, refrigerate it, and bake it when you’re ready. Just ensure proper storage and adjust the baking time accordingly.
Can I freeze Brenda Gantt’s Cabbage Casserole?
While the texture may slightly change upon freezing, you can freeze this casserole. After baking, let it cool completely, then wrap it securely in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
How do I reheat leftovers?
Reheat individual portions in the microwave or warm larger portions in the oven at a low temperature to maintain the texture and flavors.
We hope you enjoy making and munching on Brenda Gantt Cabbage Casserole Recipe. It’s not just a recipe; it’s about good, simple food that makes everyone smile. So, after it’s done baking and smelling amazing, we hope it becomes a regular at your table, bringing folks together and making mealtime a bit more special. Whether you stick to the recipe or add your own touches, Brenda’s casserole is all about the cozy joy of homemade meals. Happy cooking and even happier eating!
More Amazing Recipes
Brenda Gantt Cabbage Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup Condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cup Ritz crackers (crushed)
- 1 Sweet onion (sliced)
- 4 cups Roughly chopped cabbage
- ½ stick Unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- Using cooking spray, grease a 9×13 baking dish and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, and butter should be combined in a bowl.
- Using a separate bowl, combine the melted butter, shredded cheese, and crushed Ritz crackers.
- The bottom of the baking dish should be covered with roughly chopped cabbage.
- Over the cabbage, sprinkle salt and pepper and evenly distribute the sliced onions.
- Over the cabbage and onions, spread the creamy soup mix. The buttery cracker topping mix should be placed on top.
- Ensure the topping is golden brown and the casserole is bubbly for 35-45 minutes before serving.