Table of Contents
If you’re wondering how to make a potato salad that stands out from the rest, you’re in the right place. This Costco Potato Salad Recipe introduces a perfect harmony of ingredients, each playing its part to create a dish that’s not only visually appealing but also irresistibly tasty.
Bursting with flavor and simplicity, this Costco Potato Salad Recipe combines the heartiness of red-skin potatoes with the creaminess of mayonnaise and sour cream. Imagine the delightful crunch of sweet pickles and celery, harmonizing perfectly with the mild bite of green onions. The addition of hard-boiled eggs brings a comforting familiarity to the mix. The dressing, a blend of mayonnaise, sour cream, white wine vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper, creates a luscious coating that ties all the ingredients together.
Ingredients Used In Costco Potato Salad Recipe
- Red-skin potatoes= 5 pounds
- Mayonnaise= 1 cup
- Hard-boiled eggs= 6
- Sugar= 1 teaspoon
- White wine vinegar= 4 tablespoons
- Sweet pickles= 1/2 cup
- Sour cream= 1 cup
- Green onions (chopped)= 6
- Pepper= 1 teaspoon
- Salt= 1 teaspoon
- Celery= 1 cup
Step By Step Procedure for Making the Costco Potato Salad
Make the potatoes tender by boiling them in salted water, until they are fork-tender. Immediately after cooking, drain and let cool.
The eggs should be diced, the pickles and celery should be sliced into bite-sized pieces, and the green onions should be chopped. In individual bowls, combine all the ingredients.
Stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, sour cream, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Potatoes, pickles, celery, eggs, and green onions should be added to the dressing along with the pickles and celery. Make sure all ingredients are evenly distributed by gently folding everything together.
Whether serving it as a side dish or alongside your favorite meal, this Costco Potato Salad goes well with summer meals.
Adding Extra Ingredients
Bacon Bliss: Enhance the flavor with crispy bacon bits for a smoky and savory twist.
Cheese Please: Mix in shredded cheddar or crumbled feta for a cheesy indulgence.
Herb Infusion: Elevate freshness with chopped herbs like dill, parsley, or chives.
Spice It Up: Introduce a kick by adding diced jalapeños or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Nutty Crunch: Sprinkle chopped nuts, like pecans or walnuts, for added texture.
1. Ideal Serving Temperature
For the ultimate enjoyment, serve this Costco-style potato salad chilled. The cool temperature enhances the flavors and textures, allowing the creamy dressing to mingle with the tender potatoes and crunchy vegetables. Refrigerate the salad for at least a few hours or, for optimal results, overnight. The refreshing chilliness adds an extra layer of delight to every forkful, making it the perfect side dish for warm days or any occasion.
2. Pairing Options
This versatile Costco Potato Salad Recipe pairs harmoniously with a variety of main courses and complements a range of flavors. Here are some delightful pairing options:
Grilled Meats: Serve alongside grilled chicken, steak, or burgers. The creamy and slightly tangy profile of the salad balances the richness of grilled meats.
Sandwiches and Wraps: Elevate your sandwich game by adding a scoop of this potato salad. It brings a satisfying contrast in both taste and texture.
Seafood Delights: Pair with grilled or fried seafood, such as shrimp or fish. The creamy potatoes provide a delightful accompaniment to the oceanic flavors.
Vegetarian Fare: Make it a substantial vegetarian meal by serving the potato salad with roasted vegetables or as a topping for baked potatoes.
Barbecue Extravaganza: Whether it’s a backyard barbecue or a picnic, this salad is a standout side dish that complements the smoky flavors of barbecued dishes.
- Transfer leftovers to an airtight container to preserve freshness.
- Refrigerate promptly, ideally within two hours of serving.
- Store the potato salad on a refrigerator shelf for temperature consistency.
- Avoid freezing to maintain the original quality of the dressing and vegetables.
- Consume within 3 to 4 days for optimal taste and freshness.
- Regularly check for changes in color, texture, or odor before serving.
- If the salad appears or smells off, err on the side of caution and avoid consumption.
I am sure that this Costco Potato Salad Recipe will become a cherished addition to your culinary repertoire. With its simple yet flavorful combination of ingredients, this dish captures the essence of comfort and homestyle goodness. Whether shared at family gatherings, picnics, or weeknight dinners, its versatility and crowd-pleasing nature make it a standout.
More Mouthwatering Recipes:
Costco Potato Salad Recipe
- 5 pounds Red-skin potatoes
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 6 Hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 4 tablespoons White wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sweet pickles
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 6 Green onions (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Celery
- Make the potatoes tender by boiling them in salted water, until they are fork-tender. Immediately after cooking, drain and let cool.
- The eggs should be diced, the pickles and celery should be sliced into bite-sized pieces, and the green onions should be chopped. In individual bowls, combine all the ingredients.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, sour cream, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Potatoes, pickles, celery, eggs, and green onions should be added to the dressing along with the pickles and celery. Make sure all ingredients are evenly distributed by gently folding everything together.
- Whether serving it as a side dish or alongside your favorite meal, this Costco Potato Salad goes well with summer meals.