Table of Contents
Looking for an impressive dish that doesn’t require culinary expertise? Trader Joe’s Seafood Blend shines bright in this recipe, accompanied by a flavorful tomato basil sauce that will leave your palate singing. We all lead busy lives, and finding time to cook a tasty meal can sometimes feel like a challenge. That’s where this recipe shines. By utilizing the Trader Joe’s Seafood Blend, you’ll cut down on preparation time without compromising on flavor.
It’s a simple way to create a yummy and filling dish without spending too much time in the kitchen. The seafood mix and the tomato basil sauce work together to give you a meal that’s full of flavor and goodness. Whether you really like seafood or just want something quick and delicious for dinner, this recipe is a great choice.
Ingredients used in Trader Joe’s Seafood Blend Recipe
- Canned Diced Tomatoes, 22 ounce
- Thawed Trader Joe’s Seafood Blend, 1 ½ pound
- Virgin Olive Oil, 1 ½ tablespoon
- Red Pepper Flakes, ⅓ teaspoon
- Finely Chopped Shallot, ⅓ cup
- Chopped Garlic, 1 ½ teaspoon
- Italian Seasoning Blend, 1 ½ teaspoon
- Paprika, ⅔ teaspoon
- Water, 2 ½ cups
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Fresh Basil (Roughly Chopped), ½ cup
- Salt To Taste
Step-by-step guide for making Trader Joe’s Seafood Blend
In a large pot, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
Then add the chopped shallot and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, or until the shallots and garlic are soft.
The tomatoes, Italian Seasoning Blend, Paprika, and Red Pepper Flakes, along with water, should be added to the pan and brought to a low boil.
Until the shrimp are pink and the seafood is just cooked, add the thawed seafood blend, cover, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
Season with salt and black pepper and add the chopped basil.
Depending on the type of seafood and the saltiness of the tomatoes, you will require different amounts of salt.
Seafood Blend Stew is best served right away.
Tips and Variations:
Making a delicious dish using Trader Joe’s Seafood Blend and tomato basil sauce is not only easy but also offers room for creativity. Here are some handy tips and variations to help you make the most of this recipe and tailor it to your preferences:
Thawing the Seafood Blend: Ensure your Trader Joe’s Seafood Blend is properly thawed before using it in the recipe. If you want to get the best results, follow the packaging instructions. Thawing in the refrigerator is recommended for safe and even thawing.
Seasoning: While the recipe provides a basic seasoning guideline, feel free to adjust the spices according to your taste. Add a pinch more paprika for extra warmth or adjust the red pepper flakes for a milder or spicier flavor profile.
Pasta Pairing: Serve the seafood blend and tomato basil sauce over your favorite pasta. Linguine, spaghetti, or penne work well, but you can choose any pasta variety you prefer.
Rice Option: Instead of pasta, try serving the Trader Joe’s Seafood Blend over cooked rice. The flavorful sauce will complement the rice beautifully.
Adding Veggies: Enhance the nutritional content by adding your choice of sautéed or steamed vegetables to the dish. Bell peppers, spinach, and zucchini are great options that pair well with seafood.
Cheese Topping: If you enjoy cheese, consider sprinkling some grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano over the dish before serving. It adds a delightful savory element.
Garlic Bread: Pair the seafood blend with slices of garlic bread for a complete and satisfying meal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I substitute fresh basil with dried basil?
While fresh basil offers a vibrant flavor, you can use dried basil if that’s what you have on hand. Remember that dried herbs are more concentrated, so use about half the amount.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
While it’s best enjoyed fresh, you can prepare the sauce ahead of time and then add the seafood just before serving to ensure it stays tender.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
It’s not recommended to freeze leftovers, as seafood can change in texture when frozen and reheated.
How do I prevent overcooking seafood?
Seafood cooks quickly, so be cautious not to overcook it. Keep an eye on the blend as it simmers in the sauce and remove it from heat as soon as it turns opaque and cooked through.
We hope your culinary journey with the Trader Joe’s Seafood Blend recipe has been as delightful as the dish itself! Creating a flavorful and satisfying meal doesn’t have to be complicated, and this recipe proves that convenience and taste can go hand in hand.
You May Also Enjoy These Delicious Recipes:
- Texas Roadhouse Hurricane Margarita Recipe
- El Fenix Salsa Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse Kenny’s Cooler Recipe
Trader Joe’s Seafood Blend Recipe
- 22 ounce Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 ½ pound Thawed Trader Joe's Seafood Blend
- 1 ½ tablespoon Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅓ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ⅓ cup Finely Chopped Shallot
- 1 ½ teaspoon Chopped Garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning Blend
- ⅔ teaspoon Paprika
- 2 ½ cups Water
- Black Pepper To Taste
- ½ cup Fresh Basil (Roughly Chopped)
- Salt To Taste
- In a large pot, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat.
- Then add the chopped shallot and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, or until the shallots and garlic are soft.
- The tomatoes, Italian Seasoning Blend, Paprika, and Red Pepper Flakes, along with water, should be added to the pan and brought to a low boil.
- Until the shrimp are pink and the seafood is just cooked, add the thawed seafood blend, cover, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper and add the chopped basil.
- Depending on the type of seafood and the saltiness of the tomatoes, you will require different amounts of salt.
- Seafood Blend Stew is best served right away.