Table of Contents
Get ready to indulge in a decadent and irresistible treat with these Coconut Pecan Cookies. Loaded with rich and nutty flavors, these cookies are perfect for snacking, dessert, or even as a special addition to your afternoon tea. Bake a batch and enjoy the sweet aroma and delicious taste of these delightful cookies!
These Coconut Pecan Cookies are the perfect treat for anyone who loves a deliciously crunchy and sweet snack. Made with shredded coconut and chopped pecans, these cookies are packed with flavor and have a satisfyingly chewy texture that will leave you wanting more.
Ingredients Used In Coconut Pecan Cookies
All-purpose flour: This is the base of the cookie dough and provides structure and texture.
Baking soda and baking powder: These are leavening agents that help the cookies rise and spread.
Cinnamon: This is a spice that adds flavor and aroma to the cookies.
Salt: This is a seasoning that enhances the sweetness and balances the flavors of the cookies.
Butter: This is a fat that adds richness, moisture, and tenderness to the cookies.
Brown sugar and white granulated sugar: These are sweeteners that also contribute to the texture and color of the cookies. Brown sugar adds more moisture and caramel flavor, while white sugar adds more crispiness.
Egg: This is a binding agent that helps the cookie dough hold together and adds some protein and fat.
Vanilla: This is an extract that adds more flavor and complements the other ingredients.
Coconut: This is a shredded or flaked fruit that adds crunch, chewiness, and tropical flavor to the cookies.
Pecans: These are chopped nuts that add more crunch, nuttiness, and healthy fats to the cookies.
- All-purpose flour, 1 1/4 Cups
- Baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
- Butter,( room temperature), 1/2 Cup
- Brown sugar (packed), 1/2 Cup
- White granulated sugar, 1/2 Cup
- 1 Large egg
- Vanilla, 3/4 teaspoon
- Sweetened coconut (shredded), 1 1/2 Cups
- Pecans (chopped), 1 Cup
Step By Step Instructions To Make Coconut Pecan Cookies
Temperatures of 375 degrees Fahrenheit should be set in the oven. Bake cookies on silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
The first five ingredients should be mixed together in a small bowl. Place aside.
Cream butter and sugar together with a hand mixer or a stand mixer. Overmixing should be avoided. The egg and vanilla should be added at this point. The mixture should be mixed just until it is incorporated.
Adding the flour mixture little by little is the best method. The mixture should be mixed just until it is incorporated. There will be a formation of dough. After adding the coconut, add the pecans. Ensure that you do not overmix the mixture.
Place 1″ balls on a lined baking sheet approximately 1″ apart, using a cookie scoop or spoon. The butter should not be overworked by rolling the balls. The cookies should be baked for nine to eleven minutes in a preheated oven. Before serving, let the food cool on a cooling rack.
Tips and Tricks
Toast the pecans: Toasting the pecans before adding them to the cookie dough will enhance their nutty flavor and give the Coconut Pecan Cookies a lovely crunch.
Use room temperature ingredients: Make sure all the ingredients, especially the butter, and eggs, are at room temperature before starting. This will ensure that the dough mixes evenly and will result in a better texture for the Coconut Pecan Cookies.
Use parchment paper: To prevent the cookies from sticking to the baking sheet and to ensure even baking, use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat when baking the cookies.
Don’t over-bake: Over-baking the cookies can result in dry, hard cookies. Make sure to remove them from the oven when they’re lightly golden brown around the edges but still slightly soft in the center. Cooling will cause them to firm up.
Add extra toppings: For an extra special touch, you can drizzle melted chocolate or caramel over the top of the cookies once they have cooled. This will add a beautiful decorative touch and an extra layer of sweetness to the Coconut Pecan Cookies.
If you don’t have the ingredients for coconut pecan cookies, you can try some of these substitutions:
- Instead of coconut, you can use shredded carrots, zucchini, or apples for a similar texture and moisture. You can also add some coconut extract or flavoring to enhance the taste.
- Instead of pecans, you can use walnuts, almonds, pistachios, or any other nuts you like. You can also chop them finely or leave them whole depending on your preference.
- Instead of brown sugar, you can use white sugar, honey, maple syrup, or molasses. You may need to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe accordingly.
- Instead of butter, you can use margarine, oil, shortening, or vegan butter. You may need to adjust the baking time and temperature slightly depending on the type of fat you use.
Note: Keep in mind that these substitutions may affect the final result of the Coconut Pecan Cookies recipe, so it’s always best to use the original ingredients if possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many cookies does this Coconut Pecan Cookies recipe make?
This recipe makes approximately 24 cookies, depending on the size of the cookie dough balls you shape.
Can I make the cookies smaller or larger than the recipe suggests?
Yes, you can make the cookies smaller or larger depending on your preference. Keep in mind that the baking time may vary depending on the size of the cookies.
How do I store the leftover cookies?
You can store the leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw frozen cookies, let them sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before enjoying them.
Can I add chocolate chips to the cookie dough?
Yes, you can add chocolate chips or chunks to the cookie dough for a delicious variation. Mix in 1/2 to 1 cup of chocolate chips or chunks with the dry ingredients before adding them to the wet ingredients.
The Coconut Pecan Cookies recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make treat that is perfect for any occasion. With their crispy exterior and chewy interior, these cookies are sure to please anyone with a sweet tooth. This Coconut Pecan Cookies recipe uses simple ingredients that can be easily found in most pantries and can be modified to suit different preferences or dietary restrictions.
More Delicious Recipes
Coconut Pecan Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/4 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter,( room temperature)
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 Cup White granulated sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups Sweetened coconut (shredded)
- 1 Cup Pecans (chopped)
- Temperatures of 375 degrees Fahrenheit should be set in the oven. Bake cookies on silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- The first five ingredients should be mixed together in a small bowl. Place aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together with a hand mixer or a stand mixer. Overmixing should be avoided. The egg and vanilla should be added at this point. The mixture should be mixed just until it is incorporated.
- Adding the flour mixture little by little is the best method. The mixture should be mixed just until it is incorporated. There will be a formation of dough. After adding the coconut, add the pecans. Ensure that you do not overmix the mixture.
- Place 1" balls on a lined baking sheet approximately 1" apart, using a cookie scoop or spoon. The butter should not be overworked by rolling the balls. The cookies should be baked for nine to eleven minutes in a preheated oven. Before serving, let the food cool on a cooling rack.